• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI Home resource

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abigoria

Hello,

We are a family of 4 and my wife is disabled on SSI and its the only income we get in a month this whole year of 2015.

We have a manufactured home in Kentucky that we have listed for $20,000. The home was listed for 6 months now and we may be closing in for a sale this month. Currently we all live in a apartment in Pennsylvania while our home is listed for sale, which we were told by the real estate agent this would be best to not live in the home.

So my question is what will happen with the SSI after we sell our home? I know the mobile home once sold will be turned into a resource, because certainly would not be counted as income.

I heard we may have to pay the money back for the months the home was listed for sale? I also heard from someone that once the home sells we have 6 months to do something with the cash without losing SSI?

I want to do what is right and follow the law, but it is hard to know all the answers and that's why I am asking here on the forum.

Once again thanks in advance for your help!

-Rob

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">