• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi and marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indiana Filer

Alright, so here's my situation, I live in Washington State. My girlfriend receives SSI. I'm working full-time, but I'm only making minimum wage. If we get married, which we're eventually planning to do, will she lose any of her SSI even if I'm making only $13,000 a year? I want to know because there is no way we would ever make it with just my income. Any help would definately be appreciated.
Skywalker, did you even read the freaking thread? The person before you posted telling someone not to post to a dead thread, and then you go and do the same thing!

SSI is welfare for disabled people of low income. If your household income is over a certain amount because of your income, your spouse will lose her welfare benefits. Now, don't ever post to a old dead thread again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">