• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI/Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny38

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am not sure if this would be the right area to post this but here it goes.. Back in Feb i was admitted to the ER for gall bladder stones.. long story short... FIA Worker had me fill out a form to apply for medicaid today i get a paper stating that my Adult Medicaid will be cancelled as of 3-25-08 .. So all this time i had medicaid and no one bothered to even notify me to inform me i had medicaid and all this time i could have been going to the Doctor..Can i appeal this decision?? Should i have been notified that i even had medicaid??

BL

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am not sure if this would be the right area to post this but here it goes.. Back in Feb i was admitted to the ER for gall bladder stones.. long story short... FIA Worker had me fill out a form to apply for medicaid today i get a paper stating that my Adult Medicaid will be cancelled as of 3-25-08 .. So all this time i had medicaid and no one bothered to even notify me to inform me i had medicaid and all this time i could have been going to the Doctor..Can i appeal this decision?? Should i have been notified that i even had medicaid??
Are you receiving SSI ?

If so , contact your SSI worker about it .

Are you receiving any other type of benifits/income ?

sunny38

I was approved for SSI one week ago . SSI and SSDI payments dont begin until next month..SSI stops after April because what i was told was my SSDI payments are more then what SSI allows...

BL

I was approved for SSI one week ago . SSI and SSDI payments dont begin until next month..SSI stops after April because what i was told was my SSDI payments are more then what SSI allows...
There is a difference between the departments and Medicaid .

SSI recipients are usually automatically eligible for SSI Medicaid .

Perhaps because your SSI will be terminated , you will no longer qualify for SSI medicaid .

You'll have to go down to the State's ( welfare ) or what ever your state calls it , and reapply with them .

After 2 years on SSDI , you'll qualify for medicare .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">