• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Willapa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington, state.
I have found your question/answers from past forums to be helpful. I have gone through the steps. Now waiting to get a court hearing date to present my sons case to the judge. My disabled son had an overpayment that I presented here months ago. You suggested that I offer a compromise and pay back the amount that his stock was worth minus $2,000. It has been aprox 8 months now. I have the letter stating that he is on the list for a hearing,(no set date) In the mean time I pay 75.00 to SSI so I won't be turned over to collections. My son is disabled and always will be. Because the overpayment is the issue and his disability isn't,is there a way he can reapply while we are waiting for the final outcome. Also is there someone else that I can talk to in regards to my decision about a compromise or is it to late and I just have to wait for the court date. SSI stopped paying my son 8 months ago. The money from the stocks went to remodel his bathroom and the rest we used for the past months, extra coverage for medical bills, etc. He remains on medical assistance. DSHS is aware and were very helpful on keeping him on the medical plan. I have also asked our local SSI office for a copy of my sons file and after the 4th time they said the file is in Pencilvania. Once again Thank - You for your input.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">