• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi and payees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzzphatbootie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
I recieve ssi and i am also my sons payee. I worked 6 months and quit dec of 07...I reported my earnings every month to ssi and had my ssi check reduced...When I quit...i notified them that I was no longer working.. Today (2-19-09) i get a letter from ssi about my son.. stating that they need my pay stubs and then have a list of "estimated earnings"..Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed ta call ssi and report to them i was working on behalf of my son?? I would assume they would HAVE my earnings stubs and my last day of work and all the info they need...The letter id demanding me to send these stubs by a certain date or they are stopping his ssi...Im confused but I assumed I did right by reporting my job....pay stubs and end of employment...and whats even funnier...Their "estimated" earnings are about $250 more then what i EVER made...what gives? I havent worked since 2007 so have no clue what they are talking about..anyone ever had this problem? Im freakin out cus i dont mess with the government...is it a mistake possibly?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
I recieve ssi and i am also my sons payee. I worked 6 months and quit dec of 07...I reported my earnings every month to ssi and had my ssi check reduced...When I quit...i notified them that I was no longer working.. Today (2-19-09) i get a letter from ssi about my son.. stating that they need my pay stubs and then have a list of "estimated earnings"..Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed ta call ssi and report to them i was working on behalf of my son?? I would assume they would HAVE my earnings stubs and my last day of work and all the info they need...The letter id demanding me to send these stubs by a certain date or they are stopping his ssi...Im confused but I assumed I did right by reporting my job....pay stubs and end of employment...and whats even funnier...Their "estimated" earnings are about $250 more then what i EVER made...what gives? I havent worked since 2007 so have no clue what they are talking about..anyone ever had this problem? Im freakin out cus i dont mess with the government...is it a mistake possibly?
Follow the instruction in the letter BY the date to get the stubs in .

If you do not , you risk your son's SSI payments stopped .

SSI is a needs based program .

SSA takes into account the entire household income and assets in determining the payments for each qualifying household SIS recipient .

mzzphatbootie

talked to SSI today

I guess they "forgot" (was the word they used) to close it out..meaning when i stoppped working...yet i have been getting my full ammount since march 07.....so this whole time it showed me as working so thats where the estimates came from....so its all straightened out now...thanx for reply

BL

I guess they "forgot" (was the word they used) to close it out..meaning when i stoppped working...yet i have been getting my full ammount since march 07.....so this whole time it showed me as working so thats where the estimates came from....so its all straightened out now...thanx for reply
Glad it's straightened out ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">