• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssi payment and trust from my uncle estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeeperson4wd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
Hello I get SSI each month and just found out I could be getting funds from my dead uncles trust because I was listed, I haven't received any funds to this date but when I do will I lose my SSI monthly payment? I think I have up to 10 days after the first of each month to report any changes in income, when I do get this amount and the check clears the bank will I have 10 day from the first of the month to tell SSI?.
I think they will stop my SSI income until that amount is gone and I will have one year to get back on SSI without a medical review but not sure but I think for the first 3 months they will let me keep my medical until I find a replacement.
The amount is over 2000.00 so I will need to tell them as soon as I can.
A few things I was needing to know was this will they let me keep my medical after 3 months? and when they stop my SSI payments I think I can use the funds to pay for Credit Cards bills and loans I Own and transportation repair on my only car I have now and If I keep track of each dollar I spend then I shouldn't have a problem, unless they count the dollar amount I did get each month from the amount from the trust as this could take years before I get until I get back on.

Last edited:

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
Hello I get SSI each month and just found out I could be getting funds from my dead uncles trust because I was listed, I haven't received any funds to this date but when I do will I lose my SSI monthly payment? I think I have up to 10 days after the first of each month to report any changes in income, when I do get this amount and the check clears the bank will I have 10 day from the first of the month to tell SSI?.
I think they will stop my SSI income until that amount is gone and I will have one year to get back on SSI without a medical review but not sure but I think for the first 3 months they will let me keep my medical until I find a replacement.
The amount is over 2000.00 so I will need to tell them as soon as I can.
A few things I was needing to know was this will they let me keep my medical after 3 months? and when they stop my SSI payments I think I can use the funds to pay for Credit Cards bills and loans I Own and transportation repair on my only car I have now and If I keep track of each dollar I spend then I shouldn't have a problem, unless they count the dollar amount I did get each month from the amount from the trust as this could take years before I get until I get back on.
Would be helpful to know a dollar amount.

You mention a trust, but do you really mean his will?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">