• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI/SSDI Backpay Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cesar50

I received a one time payment of $2199 and only first month of SSI, i just received my first month of SSDI on my second month and no longer will get SSI, i called SS and was told that i am to get $9,753 SSI backpay and will get it in one time payment and that i should call my local SS office. i just wanted to know if this was true before i call my local office and not the so called 6 months apart payments. I aslo was told that i would get a $7000 backpay for SSDI anytime.
Thanks.

Onderzoek

I received a one time payment of $2199 and only first month of SSI, i just received my first month of SSDI on my second month and no longer will get SSI, i called SS and was told that i am to get $9,753 SSI backpay and will get it in one time payment and that i should call my local SS office. i just wanted to know if this was true before i call my local office and not the so called 6 months apart payments. I aslo was told that i would get a $7000 backpay for SSDI anytime.
Thanks.
No longer being eligible for SSI is a valid exception to installments but someone in the office has to do the input to make it happen.

Cesar50

Thank you very much i will go into my local office , would you happen to know after i go into the office how long will it take for funds to be in my account.
awesome forum.

Onderzoek

Thank you very much i will go into my local office , would you happen to know after i go into the office how long will it take for funds to be in my account.
awesome forum.
Days, weeks, months.

Can't predict the actions of any particular office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">