• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI Stopped because they don't have my right address?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PursuitandTie

Okay, so I went to the office today and was able to smooth things over. It turns out the post office has been sending mail back to social security, which apparently is a bad thing. Because of that, they suspended my payments until I was able to prove where I lived. Which I was able to do. My payment will be delayed a week, and I had to visit the post office to fix the issue, but all in all everything has been taken care of. I'd like to thank everyone for the advice and help you offered.

BL

Okay, so I went to the office today and was able to smooth things over. It turns out the post office has been sending mail back to social security, which apparently is a bad thing. Because of that, they suspended my payments until I was able to prove where I lived. Which I was able to do. My payment will be delayed a week, and I had to visit the post office to fix the issue, but all in all everything has been taken care of. I'd like to thank everyone for the advice and help you offered.
Wyu not an emegecy Check Same Day?

Onderzoek

Wyu not an emegecy Check Same Day?
An emergency check requires work by three employees; one to get all the paperwork; then find a supervisor and have them stop what they are doing to approve the check; then find the employee authorized to be a check writer who may be in their own interview to do all the work needed to write a check. Then the money is withheld from sometimes the replacement check or the next check issued or sometimes from the next month's check and sometimes changes in eligibility and cross program recovery will grab the new check and apply it to the unpaid overpayment balance which means the next month's check will be reduced, long after the money is spent and gone. The system is a good one, but it is time consuming for employees and sometimes creates more problems than it solves, especially if the employees don't all take plenty of time to make sure these manual actions are done correctly. Emergency, in-office checks should be saved for true emergencies involving evictions and cutoffs and homelessness; dire need.

This poster moved and didn't report living arrangements properly.

PursuitandTie

An emergency check requires work by three employees; one to get all the paperwork; then find a supervisor and have them stop what they are doing to approve the check; then find the employee authorized to be a check writer who may be in their own interview to do all the work needed to write a check. Then the money is withheld from sometimes the replacement check or the next check issued or sometimes from the next month's check and sometimes changes in eligibility and cross program recovery will grab the new check and apply it to the unpaid overpayment balance which means the next month's check will be reduced, long after the money is spent and gone. The system is a good one, but it is time consuming for employees and sometimes creates more problems than it solves, especially if the employees don't all take plenty of time to make sure these manual actions are done correctly. Emergency, in-office checks should be saved for true emergencies involving evictions and cutoffs and homelessness; dire need.

This poster moved and didn't report living arrangements properly.
For the record, I did report the changes correctly. There was a mix-up at the post office that was outside of my control. I'm not responsible for the actions of forgetful employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">