• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssi/unearned income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tartan84

ne My Dad recently received a large insurance payment from my Mothers death and he wants to start helping me monthly in the amount of $750.00 he will be giving me a check Jan. 09. when I call to report the unearned income, where does my file go? I receive SSI due Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been for 10 years and have never had a CDR. I have no reason to worry, I just wouldn't want to fill out more paperwork.

BL

This isn't the same as working income allowed .

SSI will reduce or cut your benefit checks off altogether , when you report it .

CDRs or not .

tartan84

Losing SSI

I understand that I will lose SSI, my question was where does my file go? let's say I remarry or get some inheritance, do they come after me for repayment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">