• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSID with workers comp already settled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craig616

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Hello, my question is, I settled a workers comp case in 2011. My settlement says I can not file for SSID for 30 months. I am unavle to work let alone do what I did previously to my injury. I have had multiple back surgeries. I have been going to a pain management Dr. ever since I have settled. My Dr. says I should file for SSID. I guess what I am asking is do I have to wait for the 30 months to pass, because I signed the settlement agreement? Or can I still file?
Sorry i do not know what other information I would need to provide.

Thank you very much.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Hello, my question is, I settled a workers comp case in 2011. My settlement says I can not file for SSID for 30 months. I am unavle to work let alone do what I did previously to my injury. I have had multiple back surgeries. I have been going to a pain management Dr. ever since I have settled. My Dr. says I should file for SSID. I guess what I am asking is do I have to wait for the 30 months to pass, because I signed the settlement agreement? Or can I still file?
Sorry i do not know what other information I would need to provide.

Thank you very much.
Contact SSA .

You may first want to go to SSA.GOV and look up a calculator .

If SSA payments would be more than Comp. ( most likely ) , unless this was an injury settlement ,I don't see why you wouldn't be able to file and have the difference taken out to reimburse comp.

Or just contact an SSI attorney for a free consult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">