• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Social Security Office for giving me false information?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

komme

What is the name of your state (OHIO)?

I went and called SS Office many times and they told me same things which l don't believe they were true, and based on their term and policy for clients who gave false information:

Can l sue them based on that same rules?

If no, why not?

If yes, how do l begin with the process or suing them?

Place: Social Security Office in Columbus,OhioWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

You can sue them, but you will lose.

In the first place, you should re-read your post and try to explain what is happening better. A lot better.

Then, you should go through the SS process for airing out of grievances before anything else.

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (OHIO)?

I went and called SS Office many times and they told me same things which l don't believe they were true, and based on their term and policy for clients who gave false information:

Can l sue them based on that same rules?

If no, why not?

If yes, how do l begin with the process or suing them?

Place: Social Security Office in Columbus,OhioWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First of all, you are an individual who has asked the US government to pay you money. The Social Security Administration is not a person asking the US government to pay them money. You are not the same.

Second, there is no policy to sue you if you provide false information. You can be overpaid, sanctioned or prosecuted, but not sued.

Providing a few more details might be helpful, but I have the feeling you have already made up your mind and there is not much anyone here can tell you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">