• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing Social Security Office for giving me false information? Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

komme

Ohio

1) My SSD payment counts against SSI, and it's the one causes my SSI to reduce not my family job income.

2) No you can't get or qualify for SSI without qualify or receive Social Security Disability. Only one way you can get SSI without SSD if you never work at all.

3) I asked for my medical record, they told me they would send this and that, call me, but never did. I called to verify and someone I talked to told me they have not seen any request for that on their system, and he said he would process it for me again. Still, week pass nothing come to my mail, so I went there and that's when I signed for it at last.

Now here is the full story:

Before l started receiving SS payment, on my first week interview, l was told how much my monthly payment would be assuming that l apply and qualify for both: Social Security Payment and SSI total would be around $800+. That's what they told me.

Since then they told me they use family income to figure out how much SSI I can get and I had my girlfriend provides her income monthly gross to SS.

Then I started First 3 pay checks l received was 674 SSI, a 400 something not sure what for, and later a lump sum payment. After taht thereafter, they reduce the SSI to 173 and 521 which is they said is my Social Security Disability payment.

Then I called and to ask why they reduce it, and they told was because of family home income, but the family income is my Social Security Disability which is 521 and not her income.

According to SS administrative staff, her income has no effect on the reason they reduced the SSI., but my SSD 521 a month.

They said the reason they gave me the 674 month before then was because my SSD payment was not begin yet. However, from the start of my application they were already told me how much both together SSD and SSI would be at least 800+ if I qualify.

Lastly, I went back again to ask them why they want her income information on my case if they not using it against me. Then again they told me they use it to determine the SSI not for SSD.

Also they said my expense such as rent and utilities payment they do not care.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

Ohio

1) My SSD payment counts against SSI, and it's the one causes my SSI to reduce not my family job income.

2) No you can't get or qualify for SSI without qualify or receive Social Security Disability. Only one way you can get SSI without SSD if you never work at all.

3) I asked for my medical record, they told me they would send this and that, call me, but never did. I called to verify and someone I talked to told me they have not seen any request for that on their system, and he said he would process it for me again. Still, week pass nothing come to my mail, so I went there and that's when I signed for it at last.

Before l started receiving SS payment, on my first week interview, l was told how much my monthly payment would be assuming that l apply and qualify for both: Social Security Payment and SSI total would be around $800+. That's what they told me.

Since then they told me they use family income to figure out how much SSI I can get and I had my girlfriend provides her income monthly gross to SS.

Then I started First 3 pay checks l received was 674 SSI, a 400 something not sure what for, and later a lump sum payment. After taht thereafter, they reduce the SSI to 173 and 521 which is they said is my Social Security Disability payment.

Then I called and to ask why they reduce it, and they told was because of family home income, but the family income is my Social Security Disability which is 521 and not her income.

According to SS administrative staff, her income has no effect on the reason they reduced the SSI., but my SSD 521 a month.

They said the reason they gave me the 674 month before then was because my SSD payment was not begin yet. However, from the start of my application they were already told me how much both together SSD and SSI would be at least 800+ if I qualify.

Lastly, I went back again to ask them why they want her income information on my case if they not using it against me. Then again they told me they use it to determine the SSI not for SSD.

Also they said my expense such as rent and utilities payment they do not care.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
you didnt need to start a new thread, we see you posted to the other one.

Onderzoek

Ohio

Unless your girlfriend is your wife or your holding out wife, she is not family for SSI purposes. So the only money of hers that matters is what she gives you.

SSI considers ALL your other income, but there are a few exclusions. The first $20 of your other income is excluded. The SSI federal beneit in 2011 is $674. Your $521 SSDI minus the $20 exclusion gives countable income of $501. $674 minus $510 is your SSI check of $173.

Your payment is not based on your expenses unless you get money from somewhere else to pay your food/shelter expenses. Then that is considered income. SSI does not pay more money to people who have higher bills for rent, utilities, old debt, whatever. So that is why your expenses don't matter and if you can't afford to pay those bills on SSI/SSDI, you need to live cheaper.

If you were to get another source of income, great, but then the SSI will go down, maybe to zero. SSI is the supplement.

If you want your medical records for non-program purposes (not filing an appeal), you may have to pay the cost of copying and the staff time.

Sounds like you are newly on benefits and if this is what you think you should sue SSA for, you are going to have many miserable years dealing with the Social Security Administration.

Last edited:

komme

Yes, she's listed as wife on my account.

And the problem is what I have been told from the beginning as I stated they said. They told me from the start that if I qualify both my SSI and SSDI would total more then 800. Then, they reduced to 173 because of the SSDI, not her income. And they added her as part of my income.

That's the confuse part.

Well, I live with her as wife and 4 kids and she has what they called section 8 rental assistant, but the problem is her rent price raised double the price because of my social security payment income.

Speaking of kids, they were also told me that I won't be able to claim the kids because I do not have enough working hours credits to qualify.

Onderzoek

Unless there is an SSI state supplement in the state of Ohio, since the SSI federal benefit is $674, there is no way you could qualify for $800 combination of SSI and SSDI. So I would have to assume you misunderstood.

It does your local office no good to give you incorrect information - they do not benefit in any way. So I do not believe you were deliberately lied to, I think you misunderstood.

If you disagree with a written notice, you appeal that notice, but restrict your appeal to what is on the notice.

OHRoadwarrior

So it fluctuates between her being your wife and girlfriend as it benefits you? The kids are her dependents or yours as it benefits you both? I think you are treading a fine line. I bet they are her dependents, when it comes to filing for earned income credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">