• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket To Work Act Protects SSDI Benefits while working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GoldySJSU

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Your actions are violating the Ticket to Work Act of 1999 from what your letter states. You violated the law by discontinuing my Disability Insurance Benefits based on the determination that my disability has ceased. You cited the following reports:

“Your signed statement regarding work and earnings
Social Security Administration Earnings Records
Work information reported by your employer” (Letter Dated 4/10/2012)

Under the federal law 42 USC 1320b-19 you are required to perform the following”

Sec. 1148. [42 U.S.C. 1320b–19] (a) In General.—The Commissioner shall establish a Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program, under which a disabled beneficiary may use a ticket to work and self-sufficiency issued by the Commissioner in accordance with this section to obtain employment services, vocational rehabilitation services, or other support services from an employment network which is of the beneficiary’s choice and which is willing to provide such services to such beneficiary.

(b) Ticket System.—
(1) Distribution of tickets.—The Commissioner may issue a ticket to work and self-sufficiency to disabled beneficiaries for participation in the Program.
(2) Assignment of tickets.—A disabled beneficiary holding a ticket to work and self-sufficiency may assign the ticket to any employment network of the beneficiary’s choice which is serving under the Program and is willing to accept the assignment.
(3) Ticket terms.—A ticket issued under paragraph (1) shall consist of a document which evidences the Commissioner’s agreement to pay (as provided in paragraph (4)) an employment network, which is serving under the Program and to which such ticket is assigned by the beneficiary, for such employment services, vocational rehabilitation services, and other support services as the employment network may provide to the beneficiary.
(i) Suspension of Disability Reviews.—During any period for which an individual is using, as defined by the Commissioner, a ticket to work and self-sufficiency issued under this section, the Commissioner (and any applicable State agency) may not initiate a continuing disability review or other review under section 221 of whether the individual is or is not under a disability or a review under title XVI similar to any such review under section 221.

My ticket to work does not have any expiration date, thus it is to be deemed in effect indefinitely. Under these conditions such review of my disability status is illegal under 42 USC 1320b-19 Sec. I. I demand that my benefits be retroactively restored.

This is because of the following information:

The law is to be followed as written per congressional enacted law. The courts are instructed to follow the laws based on the following Supreme Court Decision:

“The question . . . is not what Congress ‘would have wanted’ but what Congress enacted.” Argentina v. Weltover, Inc., 504 U.S. 607, 618 (1992) (per Scalia, J.). (Scalia, Antonin; Garner, Bryan A. (2012-07-05). Scalia and Garner's Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (Kindle Locations 4892-4894). Thomson West. Kindle Edition.)

And:

“The text must be construed as a whole. “In ascertaining the plain meaning of the statute, the court must look to the particular statutory language at issue, as well as the language and design of the statute as a whole.” K Mart Corp. v. Cartier, Inc., 486 U.S. 281, 291 (1988) (per Kennedy, J.).Scalia, Antonin; Garner, Bryan A. (2012-07-05). Scalia and Garner's Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (Kindle Locations 2573-2577). Thomson West. Kindle Edition.

And:

“These words cannot be meaningless, else they would not have been used.” United States v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1, 65 (1936) (per Roberts, J.). Scalia, Antonin; Garner, Bryan A. (2012-07-05). Scalia and Garner's Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (Kindle Locations 2667-2669). Thomson West. Kindle Edition.

Finally:

#6: The Synonym-Introducing or

“The award of exemplary or punitive damages is the exception, not the rule.”
“An interpretation can be novel, or innovative.”

In these sentences, the or introduces a definitional equivalent. The second item is nonrestrictive (i.e., the sentence is complete without it), so it is typically (as in the second example just quoted) set off by commas. (Scalia, Antonin; Garner, Bryan A. (2012-07-05). Scalia and Garner's Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (Kindle Locations 1934-2001). Thomson West. Kindle Edition.)

The Ticket to Work Act of 1999 included the following statement” “The Commissioner (and any applicable State agency) may not initiate a continuing disability review or other review under section 221 of whether the individual is or is not under a disability or a review under title XVI similar to any such review under section 221.” The SSA cannot make use of any equivalent process as defined by the Supreme Court Justice has stated, and many Supreme Court decisions have backed up this legal reasoning.

Section 221 contains the legal basis of terminating SSDI benefits based on earnings exceeding the earnings threshold of Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA). The section contains the following section:

“ (m)(1) In any case where an individual entitled to disability insurance benefits under section 223 or to monthly insurance benefits under section 202 based on such individual’s disability (as defined in section 223(d)) has received such benefits for at least 24 months—

(A) no continuing disability review conducted by the Commissioner may be scheduled for the individual solely as a result of the individual’s work activity;
(B) no work activity engaged in by the individual may be used as evidence that the individual is no longer disabled; and
(C) no cessation of work activity by the individual may give rise to a presumption that the individual is unable to engage in work.
(2) An individual to which paragraph (1) applies shall continue to be subject to—
(A) continuing disability reviews on a regularly scheduled basis that is not triggered by work; and
(B) termination of benefits under this title in the event that the individual has earnings that exceed the level of earnings established by the Commissioner to represent substantial gainful activity.”( http://ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title02/0221.htm)

These determinations of terminating my benefits are legally defined as “other review under section 221 of whether the individual is or is not under a disability or a review under title XVI similar to any such review under section 221.” Per your letter included actions performed by the SSA:

“Your signed statement regarding work and earnings
Social Security Administration Earnings Records
Work information reported by your employer” (Letter Dated 4/10/2012)

The fact that your letter stated that it was a determination of disability in fact demonstrates that the SSA is doing exactly opposite what it is allowed under the federal law means that the actions of the SSA cannot be legitimate or valid. SGA based termination of benefits are within Sec 221 or under 42 U.S.C. 421 (m) (2) (b). Thus the ticket to work denies the use of SGA as any basis to terminate ones SSDI benefits.

Until then, your determination cannot be acted on because you have violated the Ticket To Work Incentives Act of 1999. Until this legislation is amended to allow you to do so, this letter is a demand you cease your actions not only for myself or anyone else. Your letter does not satisfy the requirements under the Federal Ticket To Work Act to discontinue my disability insurance benefits as long as I have a ticket to work.

Onderzoek

Uhhhh, you know that this is not the Social Security Administration, don't you?

Not understanding the point of the post in this forum.

GoldySJSU

By the power vested in me by the great and powerful OZ, I hereby restore your benefits, and will permit you to use blue LEDs on your windshield wipers when in my jurisdiction.
I have my senators investigating the issue, they have given me very positive feedback.

The expert at the Senators office was surprised that I was able to locate the legal shield 42 USC 1320b-19 (i):

(i) Suspension of Disability Reviews.�During any period for which an individual is using, as defined by the Commissioner, a ticket to work and self-sufficiency issued under this section, the Commissioner (and any applicable State agency) may not initiate a continuing disability review or other review under section 221 of whether the individual is or is not under a disability or a review under title XVI similar to any such review under section 221.

And the SGA test is included in section 221 or under 42 USC. 421 (m) (2) (b):

(B) termination of benefits under this title in the event that the individual has earnings that exceed the level of earnings established by the Commissioner to represent substantial gainful activity.�( http://ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title02/0221.htm)

I find it interesting that the Social Security Website omits this law in its code pages. I feel it is in an attempt to prevent informing those with a Ticket To Work, I happen to be one of them from learning they are protected. I found the law initially by going to a law library and reading it in the USCA. I got it digitally by looking at this website:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/42/7/XI/A/1320b-19/

This is the Social Security Forum I thought.

By the way, I won the court fight about my LED decorations, wrong location you described.

The court ruled that since the officers only alleged they were a problem with no evidence of them being a violation, and since I had performed a valid test to establish they were <0.05 candela, that there was no evidence to validate the citations.

I had gotten a NIST certified light meter (Government Certified), connected a 12 volt power supply to one of the LEDs, put the sensor 1 foot away from the LED in a dark room and it read .042 candela.

I tested multiple LEDS.

All same, thus all legal.

Until law is revised.

quincy

Quit reviving old threads with your posts, Goldy. They, and you, are being reported to administrators of this site.

GoldySJSU

Quit reviving old threads with your posts, Goldy. They, and you, are being reported to administrators of this site.
The thread looks open to me, it has not been closed.

If my information is new and it is a valid posting, and finally it is objective information not directed to disrespect, annoy, or threaten anyone on this system, why can't I post to a link that is active still.?

quincy

The thread looks open to me, it has not been closed.

If my information is new and it is a valid posting, and finally it is objective information not directed to disrespect, annoy, or threaten anyone on this system, why can't I post to a link that is active still.?
Use the "contact us" at the bottom of the page and ask the administrators why you can't continue to post the same information to several old, revived threads.

I explained to you in a reply to the private message you sent me that, by continuing to post the same thing over and over again in thread after thread, you are spamming the forum.

And reviving old threads is also frowned upon on this forum. The original poster is generally no longer around to benefit from whatever advice is added. Other, newer posts need attention.

You have been around this forum long enough to know all of this, Goldy.

And thank you for using your own thread to address this. It's appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">