• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time limitations on applying for ssd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostsouls

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
for numerous reasons, along with fact did not need the $ enough to place us/wife through hassles we didn't apply till recently. She was granted ssdi, denied ssd because no evidence submitted to back up claim as to when and extent of initial diagnossis. There was no mention of too much time passed since happened to file now. I believe we can easily prove year of onset, and with documented examples of behavior, police reports etc we can show inability for meaningful employment. however doctor during time involved long since ret and deceased. are there alternatives to Doctors statements regards ability to work. This is further complicated by an inheritance i am/have recieved which will disqualify her from ssdi. wife diagnosed paranoid schiz What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
for numerous reasons, along with fact did not need the $ enough to place us/wife through hassles we didn't apply till recently. She was granted ssdi, denied ssd because no evidence submitted to back up claim as to when and extent of initial diagnossis. There was no mention of too much time passed since happened to file now. I believe we can easily prove year of onset, and with documented examples of behavior, police reports etc we can show inability for meaningful employment. however doctor during time involved long since ret and deceased. are there alternatives to Doctors statements regards ability to work. This is further complicated by an inheritance i am/have recieved which will disqualify her from ssdi. wife diagnosed paranoid schiz What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You must understand SSDI is based on ones work history and has nothing to do with your inheritances .

Secondly , if she has recently been DX's with the disease mentioned ,she'd defiantly qualify .

If you are saying the DX records have been lost , she may have to be DX's again .

You say one Dr. is deceased .What about the mental health agency's records ?

You might want to take your wife to a free consult with an SSI Attorney , and hire them on a contingency basis , if they take on the case .

lostsouls

thank you for response

i guess still not clear on this. The one she was granted assets will disqualify her. The one denied which would be based on her work history they agree she was insured during the time diagnosed however the degree and time of onset is basis for denial. This was 88. I have some paperwork from 91 which does refer to illness, and when diagnosed, however does not address inability to work. This is from doctor now deceased. She has been on meds since that time, with a year or so when non med compliant. The only reason my inheritance comes in is, if need be in order to ensure still qualifies for something if allowed i will place in irrevocable special needs trust. Especially as it is starting to appear that i should have tried to get her on disability years ago. I just didn't see need . However she was covered at time of diagnosis, and it was severe for 2+years at time and obviously as they acknowledge condition now has lasted for more than 12months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">