• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vocational Experts at disability hearings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jacfl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had my disability hearing today, and the vocational expert said that I could do 3 other jobs. But when the judge asked if I would be able to do these jobs if I had 2 absences a month due to medical issues, would I still be able to do them, she said no. She also asked would I still be able to do them if I had to have 2 unscheduled breaks a day for bathroom purposes, she also said no. I have Chron's disease and need to use bathroom frequently. Does this mean I could win my case?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had my disability hearing today, and the vocational expert said that I could do 3 other jobs. But when the judge asked if I would be able to do these jobs if I had 2 absences a month due to medical issues, would I still be able to do them, she said no. She also asked would I still be able to do them if I had to have 2 unscheduled breaks a day for bathroom purposes, she also said no. I have Chron's disease and need to use bathroom frequently. Does this mean I could win my case?
Possibly , if not consult a disabily Lawyer to handle appeals .

Whe you receive your notice ,if not favorable ,it should explain the process.

Possibly , if not consult a disabily Lawyer to handle appeals .

Whe you receive your notice ,if not favorable ,it should explain the process.
Apparently, the OP had a hearing in front of the ALJ and is awaiting the decision. If it is unfavorable, the OP has the option of going to the SS Appeals Council to address the issue. The Council may agree with the judge's decision and the last option is to file suit in Federal Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">