• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What benefits do you have for housing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

no0b

Hi.
I'm in Rhode Island. I really need to move out where I'm at now ASAP. I've been on SSD for about 2 years now and still can't get any help on how to move out on my own.

Is Public Housing my only option? I've applied to a couple places and because I don't live in their city, the waiting lists can take a while.

Then I found something called "affordable housing", but I'd need some kind of Section 8 Voucher? But that takes even longer and because I'm single with no kids, my chances are low.

What are my other options? Am I missing something anywhere?

jerry barnett

ssdi housing

hello,
i am a 47 yr old man on ssdi. dissabled. homes here in maryland are very expensive. i and my wife have been approved up to 150,000.00 but this does not even touch a home around here. is there assistance and help for a home buyer on dissability in maryland? i am rentind and my landlord continues to increase my reant. we are responsible citizens and pay our bills and rent before they are due. very good credit. my wife has a great career with the state of virginia. the average home here is 300,000.00 to 800,000.00. we looked at an average wood frame two bed room home for 405,000.00. so we of course walked away. not worth it. our children are grown. living away in college and in the marines, a sgt in specail ops. so all we need is a two bed room and 1 an a half bath. we want to keep payments as low as possible so we can maybe double yp on payments and possibly keep some for our retirement. i have been online searching and have had no success as of yet. i really do appreciate your help and advice. your site is fantastic and a blessing. god bless and thank you again.
jerry barnett
[email protected]
5/25/06

Heather2

jerry barnett said:
hello,
i am a 47 yr old man on ssdi. dissabled. homes here in maryland are very expensive. i and my wife have been approved up to 150,000.00 but this does not even touch a home around here. is there assistance and help for a home buyer on dissability in maryland? i am rentind and my landlord continues to increase my reant. we are responsible citizens and pay our bills and rent before they are due. very good credit. my wife has a great career with the state of virginia. the average home here is 300,000.00 to 800,000.00. we looked at an average wood frame two bed room home for 405,000.00. so we of course walked away. not worth it. our children are grown. living away in college and in the marines, a sgt in specail ops. so all we need is a two bed room and 1 an a half bath. we want to keep payments as low as possible so we can maybe double yp on payments and possibly keep some for our retirement. i have been online searching and have had no success as of yet. i really do appreciate your help and advice. your site is fantastic and a blessing. god bless and thank you again.
jerry barnett
[email protected]
5/25/06
Jerry you'll get more responses if you start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">