• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does all this mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cushie

What is the name of your state? WA

Called SS. My disability claim is finally out of Quality Review. Quality Review sent it to DDS and DDS sent it to the local office.

What does that mean? Is it likely that I'm approved or declined?

tigger22472

It's hard to say. I was told however that 99% of those sent to quality control ARE approved and QC is simply checking to make sure the process was done correctly. However, you won't know until they contact you about it.

45Frank

I called and was told something simular. I was told a decision was made nearly 3 weeks ago, told I would be getting a letter within 10 days and nothing yet. My letter is in underwriting. Whatever that means. It was explained it goes from underwriting to proof then back to underwriting then to the Judge for a signature. :)
Good Luck

Cushie said:

Called SS. My disability claim is finally out of Quality Review. Quality Review sent it to DDS and DDS sent it to the local office.

What does that mean? Is it likely that I'm approved or declined?

45Frank said:
I called and was told something simular. I was told a decision was made nearly 3 weeks ago, told I would be getting a letter within 10 days and nothing yet. My letter is in underwriting. Whatever that means. It was explained it goes from underwriting to proof then back to underwriting then to the Judge for a signature. :)
Good Luck
It took a year in Ohio for my mother to get that Judge to sign that paper.

45Frank

shawnintennesse said:
It took a year in Ohio for my mother to get that Judge to sign that paper.
Did they tell you if you were approved or not before that or did you have to wait the year for the decision with the ALJ signature. My attorney tells me there's a women ALJ in my area that just takes that long. He's ahad many cases with her. He said he tries to dodge her.
I fail to see what really takes so long once a decision is made other then to see if you die while waiting. :mad:

Flnative

Dds

45Frank said:
What is DDS?

Cushie said:

DDS and DDS sent it to the local office.

QUOTE]

Is where they document your file and double check to make sure nothing is missing. It's just another process to make it seem like it is taking forever.

Cushie

I think mine was different since I didn't go before a judge. I hope yours goes as quickly as mine went!

getitdone

Cushie:

The Disability Determination Service (DDS) is a State Agency (usually) that is contracted by Social Security to make disability decisions. A certain percentage of their decisions has to, by law, be reviewed to see if their procedures are correct. These reviews are done by DQB. Most of the time, DQB finishes its review and forwards the file directly to the local Social Security office and the decision made by DDS stands. Once in a while, if there is a deficiency, the file gets sent back to DDS for additional work. Sometimes it gets re-sent to DQB. In your case, it seems the file was sent back to your local office. There's no way to tell for sure what the final decision is - but if was going to be denied in the first place, it probably wouldn't have gone to DQB - they almost always review allowances.

Cushie

Oh yeah, I totally knew that. I was under the impression from my examiner at DDS that if QR sent it back to DDS then it would be a big old long process because he did something wrong.

But, it was good news. I heard about it going from QR back to DDS to the local office on Friday. On Monday I got the call to come in with my birth certificate and that of my children and I was approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">