• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does a Payee pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thunderrage

What is the name of your state?WI

I have a payee for social security I was wondering what they pay? I have debts in a collection agency, would they pay that off, or would they ask me first? I would be getting around 30 k back. However the collection agency is about 20 k.

This is really bugging me, I would like to know what they do.

On Tuesday I am going to the social security office to pick up a ssa-787 form. To have my doctor fill out.

But if you can tell me anything about a payee. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your time.

ThunderRage

BL

thunderrage said:
What is the name of your state?WI ThunderRage

I have a payee for social security I was wondering what they pay? I have debts in a collection agency, would they pay that off, or would they ask me first? I would be getting around 30 k back. However the collection agency is about 20 k.

On Tuesday I am going to the social security office to pick up a ssa-787 form. To have my doctor fill out.

Thanks again for your time.
What are you collecting SSDI ( from work history ) or SSI ( from not enough or no work history ) ?

A Payee , pays your , rent , utility bills ( if any ) , phone bills , cable TV bills , cloths ( around $ 370 something per year I believe ) .

Basically y you basic living expenses etc .

Generally , the Payee does not pay collection debts .

If you are receiving SSI , that income is exempt for seizers .

Pick up a pamphlet from the SSA office on payees . You should also have gotten on your SSA notices , if you do not believe your payee is using your monies correctly , you can complain to SSA .

BL

thunderrage said:
What is the name of your state?WI

Thanks again for your time. ThunderRage
What are you collecting SSDI ( from work history ) or SSI ( from not enough or no work history ) ?

A Payee , pays your , rent , utility bills ( if any ) , phone bills , cable TV bills , cloths ( around $ 370 something per year I believe ) . A weekly allowance , if the budget allows . They payee can also limit your entertainment expense .

Basically your basic living expenses etc .

Generally , the Payee does not pay collection debts .

If you are receiving SSI , that income is exempt for seizers .

Pick up a pamphlet from the SSA office on payees . You should also have gotten on your SSA notices , if you do not believe your payee is using your monies correctly , you can complain to SSA .

Last edited:

thunderrage

I am getting paid SSDI. I have not gotten anything in the mail as of yet, stating who my payee is and so forth.

Also I was wondering, how do I get one of my parents to become my payee, if social security or my doctor feels that I am not able to handle the funds myself.

Thanks again

ThunderRage

BL

You or your Parents can contact your Local SSA Office and request that they be appointed your Payee . Your Parents have to agree , and SSA has to approve .

Again if you need a Payee , they will send info to the Payee on how the funds are suppose to be spent ( handled ) , and you will get info . that gives you the right to complain if you think your benefits are not being spent right .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">