+ Reply to Thread
    bigscreen2407 is offline Junior Member

while waiting on alj decision

What is the name of your state?tx
    is it possible to hire another lawyer while waiting on decision for alj. i am really anxious to find out the decision. my son is 10 years old and has adhd. all the medical evidence and school records show he has severe adhd. the school evaluation in 2003 said his adhd was not severe and his iq was low average. well i had a second iq test and it showed borderline iq of 74 from a psychologist. does the alj look at this. i just feel we have failed. i am really anxious about things
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Are you paying the Lawyer out of Pocket , or on a contingency agreement .

If the Later , NO , you made an agreement .

A new Lawyer can not hurry SSA along ..

BTW , I thought you said this Lawyer said you had a good chance at approval ?

contingency agreement

tx
    the lawyer is getting paid if we win. while we are waiting on the decision can i get another lawyer. we have been to the alj hearing but is waiting on the decision. or should i wait on the decision. yes the lawyer said the case is strong but if its not a favorable decision we can appeal it. thats why i said i wonder will we win
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscreen2407
    tx
    the lawyer is getting paid if we win. while we are waiting on the decision can i get another lawyer. we have been to the alj hearing but is waiting on the decision. or should i wait on the decision. yes the lawyer said the case is strong but if its not a favorable decision we can appeal it. thats why i said i wonder will we win
    Your Lawyer is doing his Job . He/She has put much effort and time into the Case . The Lawyer has advised you well.

Don't doubt the Lawyer ......

Also , read your agreement .... If you dump the Lawyer , you may find a bill in your mailbox ..... Plus another Lawyer may not agree to represent you with out Payment up front .

The Lawyer will appeal if need be ... If in the end you are denied , the case was not good enough .. Not the Lawyers fault.

No one can hurry up the Alj'ss decision . Beleive me many people are feeling anxious just as yourself ( In the same boat so to speak ) .

does my son have a chance

tx
    do you know anything about wisc-iii for children iq testing, he has 74 iq which is in the borderline range in between normal and mentally retarded. i have called other lawyers and told them the situation and they were asking questions as if they would take the case. so i think we do have a chance at least. i have no choice but to wait and pray thanks