• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who gets back pay first welfare or SSI lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

excuseme

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Who gets SSI backpay first The welfare office or SSI lawyer? I'm worried because i hope the SSI back pay will pay both party. I have no money to pay either party without the backpay. I file for SSI in 2013. I started welfare in 2014. my hearing is Dec 2015.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Who gets SSI backpay first The welfare office or SSI lawyer? I'm worried because i hope the SSI back pay will pay both party. I have no money to pay either party without the backpay. I file for SSI in 2013. I started welfare in 2014. my hearing is Dec 2015.
"Installment payments are determined after the State has been reimbursed for interim assistance and/or direct payment of any representative fee has been made." From Item C-5 on this page: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0502101020

There's a lot more info on that page, and on the links provided on that page. :)

excuseme

thanks for the information .I have another question. What happen a person is approve SSI but the person SSI backpay is not that much money.

EXAMPLE ssi backpay amounts too $2000

cash aid total out to $3000
lawyer fee????

Is a person going to be in debt?

LdiJ

thanks for the information .I have another question. What happen a person is approve SSI but the person SSI backpay is not that much money.

EXAMPLE ssi backpay amounts too $2000

cash aid total out to $3000
lawyer fee????

Is a person going to be in debt?
No, the person is not going to be in debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">