• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will my ssdi back pay be slowed down because oif a ssi payment i dont believe i was s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubster66064

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas ssi back payment after my disabiliy award was awarded me..i receiveda check for 898 dollars and cannot understand why i got this despite the fact that my monthly ssdi payment is too high for me to receive ssi...i receive 1140.00 onth in ssi and am due 7 months in back pay...i assume they will adjust that total but will it slow down my ssdi backpay?

Onderzoek

Generally, it is the existance of an SSI claim that adds a few steps in the processing of your retroactive benefits. The fact that the SSI claim has been decided and paid actually works in your favor since that step has been taken. It may take a bit longer, a day, a few days, a few weeks. Depends on if the offset computation automates or a manual action is required.

BL

I believe there is a waiting period for SSDI payments .

During that time you may have been eligible for SSI and not SSDI .

The best way to find out is visit your local SSA office if possible and speak to a Rep.,although they always do not get it right .Perhaps a supervisor will be available to confirm.Ask the Rep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">