• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 Mile Over Speed Limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

The ticket has been taken care of, but i need to know.
One of our employees received a ticket for going 46 in a 45 mile zone.
Can they really ticket a person for this?
Isn't there a leway?
I mean it could be a calibration in the speedometer or the radar easily.

The best part was in the speeding MPH they put the 45 and in the Allowed MPH they put the 46.

reactive

What do you mean, "The ticket has been taken care of?"

I'd expect something like that to be dismissed simply from the writing mix-up.

Maestro64

First, are you sure it was not a typo either on the speed limited or the speed they were going.

First, PA is considered an Absolute Speed Limit state, so being 1MPH over can get you a ticket.

Second, PA has a law that says if the police used any short of electronic method of obtaining the speed there is a 10MPH buffer where they can not write a ticket. Meaning if the speed limit was 45 then you can not be ticketed unless they measured you at 56 MPH.

This is why I ask if it could have been a typo or sloppy writing, I highly doubt a ticket in PA was written for 1MPH over, if it was you could have gotten that dismissed without a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">