• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

101 in a 60. MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Motoxmarc125

What is the name of your state? St.Louis, Missouri

Last Sunday night/ monday morning at 1:00am I was ticketed for going 101 in a 60mph zone on I-55.
Now I know that 101 is insane and I shouldn't have been going that fast. but I apparently I was, so please keep the flaming at a minimum.

I have to appear in court and I was wondering a few things
My questions are:

1) Since I am only 16... can I still get a curfew ticket since it was past one even though the State Trooper didn't give me one at the time?

2)Is it likely that my license will be taken away?

3)He wrote "DO NOT AMEND" on the ticket. but since a cop is not able to judge does that comment mean anything?

4)What would the fine for going 41 over on an empty highway be?

5)He said that I may go to jail for 3 days... is this true?

6)I heard somewhere that cops must have at least their headlights on. He was parked on the shoulder without any lights on. and then turned them on, i believe, after RADARing me. (he had one stationary gun pointing out the back of his car and one out the front)

7)He had me come and sit in the front of his car, and gave me a breathalizer without asking permission. Is this legal?

8)Will the court drug test me? I tried pot for the first time on saturday... kinda scared.

Thanks alot in advance for any replies, I appreciate any help I can get.

danskagen

wholly **** kid... all I can say is that if you came up here to washingtion state - you'd be F***ed right along side me! :p

Happy speedin

lwpat

I have to appear in court and I was wondering a few things
Since you are a minor one of your parents or an attorney will have to represent you. My advice would be both.

1) Since I am only 16... can I still get a curfew ticket since it was past one even though the State Trooper didn't give me one at the time?
Yes. The judge can also take that into consideration when sentencing you on the other charge.

2)Is it likely that my license will be taken away?
I sincerely hope so. Next time you may be appearing at the local funeral home.

He wrote "DO NOT AMEND" on the ticket. but since a cop is not able to judge does that comment mean anything?
It is a note to the judge to not to reduce the citation.

What would the fine for going 41 over on an empty highway be?
Enough to make your parents very unhappy.

He said that I may go to jail for 3 days... is this true?
I am not familar with the laws in your state but sounds reasonable to me.

6)I heard somewhere that cops must have at least their headlights on. He was parked on the shoulder without any lights on. and then turned them on, i believe, after RADARing me. (he had one stationary gun pointing out the back of his car and one out the front)
Don't believe everything that you hear. Reserve questions like this for your attorney.

He had me come and sit in the front of his car, and gave me a breathalizer without asking permission. Is this legal?
Again a question for your attorney. It would only be pertinent if you were charged.

Will the court drug test me? I tried pot for the first time on saturday... kinda scared.
If you are placed on probation then drug testing is usually mandatory. While I know that pot is common you need to evaluate your future and what a drug violation will mean on your record. While you possibly could still be President you will not be able to get a job driving a truck, piloting an airplane, issuing speeding tickets or anything else requiring a backround check. I know several fine young people whose past is hurting them.

Motoxmarc125

Thanks lwpat for your advice. but I didn't ask if you thought it was wrong. I know it was wrong and now I'm paying for it, I have a few more questions though.

Because of the "Do Not Ammend" note. Is there any chance left that the judge would reduce it?

and I was hopeing maybe seriorjudge, since I understand he is a missouri judge, could answer the more state specific questions, such as the fine, the loss of the driver's license, the jail, and the drug testing. Thanks alot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">