• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

108mph (CA) - VC 22348(b) ***UPDATE***

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evolive

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Just wanted to give an update to this thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/108mph-ca-vc-22348-b-426512.html

I showed up in court and tried to argue with the judge that the officer's car was only calibrated up to 85mph or so and that at 100mph there could've been a 10% margin of error. the judge then said that perhaps i was going 85mph. the officer during this discussion kept quiet. i forgot what i said specicially but he kept asking about the 85mph. so eventually i said yes figuring that well.. at least it's not over 100mph. when i was convicted of going 85mph he reduced my fine. which is good news right? however when i asked what vehicle code i was convicted in he still said the same one.

so in a way i got screwed or rather i didn't get the result i wanted. so i paid a high price long term in car insurance.

this whole exercise has taught me a lot... for example some insurance companies look at ticket date vs conviction date. so the fact that i was able to delay my conviction date by about 1.5 years i think helped me with some insurance.

that website help i got a ticket thing is worth checking out and trying it out.

iv'e since gone to court maybe once more for a 80mph ticket and followed that process. some counties or cities etc are very good at these trial by written... when i did a retrial... i learned that i had to show up to court. i was happy to drive 300miles and spend the weekend at mammoth. the cop was not happy that i sat in court for 2-3 hours waiting for my trial to be heard.
traffic school... i had nothing to lose :)

i won my first dismissal by making a supposed illegal right turn... officer never submitted his paperwork... dismissed.

one advice to many of you who will get this 22348 vehicle code is to be careful when choosing a lawyer. i've been to court cases where the lawyer just said he pleaded guilty... you'd think he would say saomthing else but i was shocked that this guy was getting paid by some guy and all he said was guilty. i wonder what story he gave to his client.

i think that regardless... you'll lose and hiring a lawyer i doubt you get favorable outcome as my brother's friend paid way more than i did (lawyer fee, court fee) and i think he even got a little suspension.

i got off fairly easy.

i think you all who continue to support this forum and give answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">