• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12 year old ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcrs199

I received a payment due notice from California a couple weeks ago. I do not live in California nor have I lived in the area where the notice was issued in over 10 years. I called to find out what the issue was and found it was for an "unpaid" ticket from May 1996. In January 1998, I was pulled over for having a suspended driver's license. I went to the DMV and cleared up whatever issues I needed to clear up to unsuspend my driver's license. An unpaid ticket was the issue that suspended my license. I would assume the ticket from 1996 would have come up at that point had it been an issue. What recourse do I have in fighting this ticket?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">