• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 year old traffic ticket in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mclark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can California come after you for a 15 year old traffic ticket for no insurance and no registration? It is not on my driving record any more, and now they want to garnish my tax refund.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can California come after you for a 15 year old traffic ticket for no insurance and no registration? It is not on my driving record any more, and now they want to garnish my tax refund.
Yep. But, no worries...they'll garnish your refund and then it'll a long way to being cleared up.

davew128

Yep. But, no worries...they'll garnish your refund and then it'll a long way to being cleared up.
Actually, after a certain period of time FTB kicks the collection back to the issuing court if they can't collect from the person either via wage garnishment or tax refund. I found this out inquiring with a POA on a SO who owes on traffic tickets going back 5 years now.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually, after a certain period of time FTB kicks the collection back to the issuing court if they can't collect from the person either via wage garnishment or tax refund. I found this out inquiring with a POA on a SO who owes on traffic tickets going back 5 years now.
I doubt it's universal. The OP is presently dealing with a garnishment from a 15 year old ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">