• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 years old accident with no drivers licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol lopez

What is the name of your state? ca
I am a single mother. My daughter has scholarship in a school 16 miles away. I am 53 years old nanny. I work 10 hours a day plus go to school fo a degree. I decided to give a car to my daughter. She is a very responsable and mature child. I had her driving since she was 12. She had a very bad cold but does not like to miss school. I gave her a spoon of Niqil before bed, and in the morning Dayquil. The freway speed was 30 to 35 according to her, when coming back from school. Besides that she practice sports every day. She said her eyes close for a second and ended on top of the front car. I know I am responsible and I have to go to court. How can I deal with this situation. I have no money to pay for lawyer. Thanks for your help and God bless you. Carol

CdwJava

Actually SHE is responsible. While you have to co go to court with her, and you and your insurance company might be liable for damages, the offense is hers - not yours.

Oh ... well, I guess you can also be charged for ALLOWING her to drive ... and your insurance company will probably NOT cover you because of that. So maybe you will be in some trouble.

And unless you fed her the bottle of Nyquil, it shouldn't have played a part in the crash, so i don't know why you brought that up.

- Carl

sukharev

You need to call the court and find out if you can get a free defender, if you cannot afford one. This is serious, as you know, so you need to pull yourself together.

1) Forget the driving since 12, you know it's illegal, so don't get yourself into more trouble that it is, and acknowledge you were wrong letting her drive.

2) Drop the Nyquil idea, unless indeed she drank the whole bottle (which may qualify as drug abuse). She did not close eyes for a second. It's possible that she fell asleep from being tired. That's not a good excuse, but at least if you have any tox done, you can try to show she did not use drugs or alcohol.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">