• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19 year old Ohio speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

photog123

What is the name of your state? Maine

I currently live in Maine and received notice of a 19 year old speeding ticket that I did not pay or request a trial from Ohio. This is the only notice I have received in the mail in the last 19 years. The notice I received is telling me to pay my fine within 15 days or be subject to "possibly" having my licence suspended or giving my fine to a collections agent. Is there a time limit or statute of limitations that would prevent the state of Ohio from acting on this case?

Doug

racer72

photog123 said:
What is the name of your state? Maine

Is there a time limit or statute of limitations that would prevent the state of Ohio from acting on this case?
Nope. The only SOL is from the time the infraction was commited and you were charged. That probably happened within minutes of each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">