• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1995 NY State speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limbodog

What is the name of your state? New York

I live in Mass. I'm planning on moving soon, and while going through some old stuff, I found an envelope with a speeding ticket from upstate NY. Judging by the fact that I have the ticket, I have to assume I never mailed the payment.

I'd like to clear it up. It was a bit over $100.00 then. I assume it'll be more now (think that's a safe assumption)

1. Is there a maximum the fine can be increased to? (will I have to pay $500? $1000? I'm by no means well off financially)

2. Would I have to go to western NY (an 8 hour trip) to clear this up?

sukharev

Call the court listed on the ticket. If they have the ticket, they would tell you how much to pay and whether appearance is required.

seniorjudge

limbodog said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I live in Mass. I'm planning on moving soon, and while going through some old stuff, I found an envelope with a speeding ticket from upstate NY. Judging by the fact that I have the ticket, I have to assume I never mailed the payment.

I'd like to clear it up. It was a bit over $100.00 then. I assume it'll be more now (think that's a safe assumption)

1. Is there a maximum the fine can be increased to? (will I have to pay $500? $1000? I'm by no means well off financially)

2. Would I have to go to western NY (an 8 hour trip) to clear this up?
Q: Would I have to go to western NY (an 8 hour trip) to clear this up?

A: Yes. You need to surrender.

sukharev

seniorjudge said:
Q: Would I have to go to western NY (an 8 hour trip) to clear this up?

A: Yes. You need to surrender.
Kidding, right ??? It's not like you know for sure that there is a warrant for his arrest. Calling the court is the first, totally safe and reasonable thing to do. They will tell OP whether there is a warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">