• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 driving tickets @ once: misdemeanor & infraction ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alexaa

At the beginning of november I received a driving infraction (speeding 13 over) and at the end of november received another misdemeanor driving ticket (I usually do not get tickets). Obviously the misdemeanor has enough consequences as it is, but what could an additional infraction add? Should I try and push one back until the other is resolved? Any advice on this situation would be super helpful

Alexaa

I am in Texas. The speeding ticket is 13 over, around $150 fine & the misdemeanor is a class C for leaving the scene of an accident.

The misdemeanor is complicated because I had lightly tapped someoenes car trying to get around them (I was going about 1mph) and wasn't even sure if I had actually hit them, I looked and saw no damage, and made the mistake of leaving. When I received the ticket it was a class c misdemeanor (in texas its classified as that if the damage is <$200).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
"pushing one back" will get you what exactly?

You got two tickets on two different occasions. No mystery to it. It might be wise to consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">