• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Errors on my California Traffic Infraction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Winter Spring

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I recently received a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign (vehicle code 22450).

The officer misspelled my middle name on the ticket.

AND

He checked that the registered owner of the vehicle is the same as the driver (which it wasn't).

Since I was not the owner of the vehicle and my name was misspelled on the ticket does that give me grounds for a dismissal or anything else?

Thanks.

Hey There

Information is just a click away.

Slight errors on a traffic citation don't qualify as a "material defect".
which would leave it to the judge's discretion whether or not to dismiss the ticket.
For more information on this go to Google and type in
Speeding Ticket FAQ and scroll down to
Will errors on the ticket result in the charges being dropped?

The above website also has information on what a driver cited for a traffic violation can do if he plans to contest his ticket.

Another website describes Discovery (requesting the officer's notes, a copy of the front and back of the ticket, a video if one was made), how to file a Trial by Declaration and if ruled against, how to contest the traffic ticket at trial.This website specific for Ca. drivers cited for traffic violations can be reached by typing in Help! I Got A Ticket! in the Google Search Window.

Best Regards,
Hey There

I_Got_Banned

I've condensed your answer to be properly responsive to the question.

You're welcome ;)
Given a choice, I would rather have Hey There's post instead of yours, Ziggy!

Not only does it give the same response as yours, but it also provides a resource for additonal information.

Some post to be helpful, while others post for "post count"!!! :p

Live and let live!

I_Got_Banned

It wasn't you who asked the question. The question was answered.
Yes... Yes... Ziggy, you gave the right answer first!

There, is that better? ;)

Besides, I wasn't asking a question... Nor was I giving an answer. I was merely making a comment!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes... Yes... Ziggy, you gave the right answer first!

There, is that better? ;)
THAT has nothing to do with it...

Besides, I wasn't asking a question... Nor was I giving an answer. I was merely making a comment!
On that we can agree. A comment that, in no way, addressed our OP's question.

IGB - carry on. I've had my say here :)

I_Got_Banned

THAT has nothing to do with it...
Are you sure about that?

A comment that, in no way, addressed our OP's question.
Neither does this argument but that didn't stop you from starting it!

Yes, technically speaking, this argument addresses the answers to the OP's question, not the question itself! ;)

IGB - carry on. I've had my say here :)
You can pout all you want... You'll just be cranky all day long & that, won't affect me at all!!!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">