• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Failure to Appears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hector C

Oregon, Washington, California

So, obviously, I was an irresponsible kid. Trying to set things right.

So I had a ticket when I was 18 I was going through California on a roadtrip, my roomate was driving (I believe I had a suspended licence). Cop pulls us over, and finds a bottle of booze on the floor. He says he has to give me the ticket, otherwise care would be towed, or something (8 years ago), because I don't have a license. So my roomate gets nothing, and I get the ticket even though it wasnt mine and I don't even drink. Although I guess it could have been worse cuz I had a pound of weed in the glovebox, so whatevs.

I didn't pay it, mostly cuz I was pissed because I didn't drink, but mostlyI just forgot about it really. Also, I'm from oregon and I think I was under the impression that it wasn't that big of a deal. (stupid and 18).

anyway. I got another speeding ticket in washington when I was 20 (2005), and never payd it.

So I've never checked on either of these things. But, my license is suspended and its never really bothered me because I've lived in portland and didn't need a car. but now I'm old and moving and trying to get my **** together so I was hoping someone had some good advice for dealing with this.

Is this going to be a huge fine? Jail? Like I said I'm trying to man up and do pay for the **** I did when I was younger now, just hoping someone has some good advice. Am I going to have to physically go to Cali and Washington to get this taken care of?

Thanks.

Isis1

Honestly, it looks like it might be a fine that you can pay in full. Two fines, actually. Look up the courthouse that issued the tickets. There should be a link to pay the tickets which should give you an amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">