• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 moving violations with FTA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LAnative8a

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I received two traffic violations a few years ago and now have them as failure to appear and they have been sent to a collection agency. I just wanted to know if it's possible to request a court date to deal with this issue at court versus the collection agency. I also want this cleared up because my license is suspended.

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I received two traffic violations a few years ago and now have them as failure to appear and they have been sent to a collection agency. I just wanted to know if it's possible to request a court date to deal with this issue at court versus the collection agency. I also want this cleared up because my license is suspended.
Assuming you only failed to appear once (on each citation), then yes, you should be able to contact the court and schedule an appearance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">