• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 seperate tint tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelrj9

What is the name of your state? Illinois

On 11-12-07 I got my first front side window ticket from a county officer. I pled guilty there was no court apperance required. I paid the $75.00 fine plus there was a option to pay $40.00 for driving school with court supervision so I did.

On 03-01-08 got another tint ticket from a state officer. A $75.00 fine with no court apperance required again (which I have not paid yet.)

My question is besides removing the tint and showing the court I removed it and asking for it to be dropped or lowered etc..

If I don't go to court and I plead guilty to the second ticket what happens from here?
What will be on my record?
Did going to driving school remove the first ticket from my record or was it too close to the second ticket?
I can't find anywhere where it says how long court supervision was on the first ticket.

I don't care about paying the fines but I don't want it to be something major on my record or where eventually they can throw you in jail etc.

Any help on what will happen in this case if I do not go to court and plead guilty.

Thanks

FlyingRon

If you either pay the fine or show up for your court date, you won't end up in jail.

The real down side is you're racking up 5 points I think on each offense, so eventually you'll get your license suspended if you don't shape up.

michaelrj9

I thought for the window tint in Illinois no points are detucted.
Does anyone know where I can see what is on my driving record. I want to see if the first one is off because I went to driving school but don't know if it will still show up because it was too close to the second ticket. I thought I saw somewhere but can not find it now that the second offence is considered a misdemeanor.

michaelrj9

I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me out with.

If I go to court and plead guilty it says I will be liable for the fine,costs,fees etc. On the form the (officer gave me) it says quote "If you plead guilty, or the Judge finds you guilty of the offense listed on your ticket, you will be ordered to pay the full amount of your fines,costs, fees, and penalties immediately." which will range from $225-280. Is this correct? or am I miss-understanding something?

If I plead guilty and pay by mail what will be on my record? as this is my 2nd ticket for tinted windows. The first one was on 12/18/07 which I plead guilty by mail and went to driving school.

Thanks for your help and input.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me out with.

If I go to court and plead guilty it says I will be liable for the fine,costs,fees etc. On the form the (officer gave me) it says quote "If you plead guilty, or the Judge finds you guilty of the offense listed on your ticket, you will be ordered to pay the full amount of your fines,costs, fees, and penalties immediately." which will range from $225-280. Is this correct? or am I miss-understanding something?

If I plead guilty and pay by mail what will be on my record? as this is my 2nd ticket for tinted windows. The first one was on 12/18/07 which I plead guilty by mail and went to driving school.

Thanks for your help and input.
Have you removed the tint from your window yet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">