• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Suspended Licence Tickets Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatoinfeliz

What is the name of your state? California

I have several questions. I have my licence suspended for a DUI conviction (I was pulled over in late November 2007 and went to court late January 2008) and I have started my court appointed program. Before this though I was still driving to work and I got pulled over on Jan. 3rd in Hollywood for failing to yeild to a pedestrian. The cop gave me a citation for the failure to yeild and for the suspended licence and I go to court in Beverly Hills on March 5th in Beverly Hills.

On Saturday February 8th I got stopped yet again in Long Beach coming home from work at 12:15 am off the freeway for supposedly failing to come to a complete stop when I always am careful about these type of things. The cop gave me a citation for the failure to stop and the suspended licence and I have to go to the Long Beach Courthouse in May.

Is it even possible to go to the DMV and request a restricted licence to and from work with all this going on? My main concern is jail time. Given that my suspension was for a DUI I am more than a little concerned. Would the fact that I'm really taking my DUI program seriously change anything?

Also, would the courts (more importantly Beverly Hills Court) impose sentencing that would interfere with my program in Long Beach? If I end up going to jail what would happen with my program?

Should I attempt to get my licence before the 1st court date (Beverly Hills) or should I try to get an extension so it doesn't look like such a desperate move?

JIMinCA

you should be worried about jail time. The terms of your probation for your DUI likely included the requirement that you would not drive without a valid driver's license. Since you have violated your probation, jail time is a definite possibility. You really should talk to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">