• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets in 18 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blahblah_gc

What is the name of your state? California

Hi
I've never had a ticket for the past 10 years. I got my first one in May, 2006 (red light violation). I took a traffic school and the case was dismissed.

Unfortunately, I just got another one (failed to fully stop at a stop sign) last week. This results in 2 tickets within 18 months. I know I can only get one point removed if I attend a traffic school every 18 months. I wonder what can I do is order to avoid adding a point to my record? I talked to my insurance agent, he said even the judge permits me to take a traffic school, DMV will still shows up a dismissed point. Although this point is dismissed, it will still increase my insurance by $100 every 6 months. thanks for your professional advice.

The Occultist

Well, this doesn't really help you now, but something I've always been told (I was even told this by my insurance agent): never volunteer information to your insurance agents. Ever.

Shay-Pari'e

You know as well as I that you can do traffic school once in this time period.
Your rates may go up, but that is the price you pay.

Shay-Pari'e

Well, this doesn't really help you now, but something I've always been told (I was even told this by my insurance agent): never volunteer information to your insurance agents. Ever.

Funny how this works. The insurance company will find out as they run a DMV every six months or so.

The Occultist

Funny how this works. The insurance company will find out as they run a DMV every six months or so.
Haha true, but sometimes my agent, along with agents of one or two of my friends, sometimes seem to "miss" certain things that should be showing up. Heh, I know my agent has def done me a favor or two with items that I surely didn't confront him about. Ain't never leavin' her! :D

Shay-Pari'e

Haha true, but sometimes my agent, along with agents of one or two of my friends, sometimes seem to "miss" certain things that should be showing up. Heh, I know my agent has def done me a favor or two with items that I surely didn't confront him about. Ain't never leavin' her! :D

Ahh! You ride the special bus. Good for you. Actually your agent is simply an agent, and I think you are full of crap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">