• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets in 2 days -help need advice!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sophdog33

I am in San Diego, California.

I got a ticket on Saturday night for taking an illegal U-Turn and then again this morning for going 37 in a 25 mph school zone. Help! My court dates are the same, I know I can do traffic school for one of them, but now I get a point on my record, right?

Please help me with any advice you may have - what can I do not to get the point or reduce something or anything?

Thanks
SOphie
Edited to add that I have not had a ticket in the past two 1/2 years.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

sophdog33 said:
I am in San Diego, California.

I got a ticket on Saturday night for taking an illegal U-Turn and then again this morning for going 37 in a 25 mph school zone. Help! My court dates are the same, I know I can do traffic school for one of them, but now I get a point on my record, right?

Please help me with any advice you may have - what can I do not to get the point or reduce something or anything?

**A: plead insanity.
Thanks
SOphie
Edited to add that I have not had a ticket in the past two 1/2 years.
**A: well then, these 2 recent ones make up for it.

Well Of course two at the same time is not what you want. You could still go to court and requests of the Judge to go to traffc school. Or explain the issues to the Judge, see what possible programs are in youre area. Traffic School, probation type programs. And these programs such as traffic school usually take the ticket off your record after you complete the program. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time...everyone makes mistakes. Good Luck

sophdog33

JOHN, thank you for responding - do you mean because I got two so close together that my chance of going to traffic school for the first one will not be an option and therefore I will have two points against me, or did you mean that if I go to court I can request that the judge gives me two traffic school sessions instead of 1 traffic school and one point?
Thanks!
Sophie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">