• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Tickets in 2 weeks...HELP!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

out0fyourelemen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

Thank you for any help in advance!

I am a 20 year old college student who goes to upstate SUNY Plattsburgh

Recently I got a ticket for doing 43 in a 30 and about two weeks later (9/24) I got a ticket for doing 69 in a 55

I am very concerned about my insurance rates and points on my license (8 points I believe in total)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Is this is a good strategy?:

For each ticket
-- plead not guilty
-- when I get my court date file for "disclosure of evidence" with registered mail (so I have a reciept of request)
IF I DON'T GET DISCLOSURE IN TIME
-- request dismissal due to no disclosure with proof of reciept
IF I DO GET DISCLOSURE IN TIME
-- go to court date and plea bargain for a non-moving violation with no points on license OR community service instead of fine due to "college student who pays for his own education and can not afford insurance spikes and/or points on my license"

any advice would be much appreciated! THANK YOU!

You Are Guilty

out0fyourelemen said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

Thank you for any help in advance!

I am a 20 year old college student who goes to upstate SUNY Plattsburgh

Recently I got a ticket for doing 43 in a 30 and about two weeks later (9/24) I got a ticket for doing 69 in a 55

I am very concerned about my insurance rates and points on my license (8 points I believe in total)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Is this is a good strategy?:

For each ticket
-- plead not guilty
-- when I get my court date file for "disclosure of evidence" with registered mail (so I have a reciept of request)
IF I DON'T GET DISCLOSURE IN TIME
-- request dismissal due to no disclosure with proof of reciept
IF I DO GET DISCLOSURE IN TIME
-- go to court date and plea bargain for a non-moving violation with no points on license OR community service instead of fine due to "college student who pays for his own education and can not afford insurance spikes and/or points on my license"

any advice would be much appreciated! THANK YOU!

I see that Plattsburgh is still the crowning jewel of the SUNY system. But anyway, I have a better strategy, guaranteed to get you out of 100% of NY speeding tickets! Normally I charge $15.95 for it, but, just your luck, this week only, I'm running a "Free to Free Advice" special. Ready? Here it is. Obey the speed limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">