• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mjs0162

Illinois

I recently got into a car accident (3 weeks ago), I was at fault and sent a guilty plea and a request for the driving class. I havent received a date to go into the class yet but I just got a speeding ticket (49 in a 35) and was wondering if this is going interfere with taking the class for the first ticket.

In order to erase the first strike against me I requested to take the driving class but does the probation start after i take the class or from the time i receive the ticket?

If probation starts when i receive the ticket is there anything to do about the second ticket or is my licence gone. (Im 16 so 2 strikes is out I guess)

Matymat

You sound like me when I was 16...Same exact stuff happened to me...My advice to you is this. Take the class (courts might make you). As for your ticket, you are very lucky 1 mph more and here in VA you would have a reckless driving. I know that when I was 16 I was loving life, after all you waited so long to get your license it sucks when its taken away. If you keep driving the same way you have been (meaning an accident obviously did not affect your best judgement as to the speeds you drive). Take some friendly advice and try the very best you can to start following all the traffic laws...I have to go to court on 3/21 for my second RD (the first one happened when I was 19)...Your problems in the big picture are small at the moment but for your sake step back and look at your driving...Im doing it now but I think for me its too late you still have a chance:(

Your second ticket should not affect your class

Good luck and safe driving (I feel like a born again driver)

JETX

Mjs0162 said:
I recently got into a car accident (3 weeks ago), I was at fault and sent a guilty plea and a request for the driving class. I havent received a date to go into the class yet but I just got a speeding ticket (49 in a 35) and was wondering if this is going interfere with taking the class for the first ticket.
Depends entirely on the court. In my experience, the court will ask you for a copy of your current driving record... and that it be clear for a specific time before and after the request. Courts are usually reluctant to offer what is in essence 'DA' (deferred adjudication) to a driver with outstanding tickets.

The best answer is to call the court and ask.

Mjs0162

Thank you ill try n drive alil safer.

So this would mean I only have the 2nd ticket against me as long as I complete the driving class right?

S

seniorjudge

Mjs0162 said:
Illinois

In order to erase the first strike against me I requested to take the driving class but does the probation start after i take the class or from the time i receive the ticket?

If probation starts when i receive the ticket is there anything to do about the second ticket or is my licence gone. (Im 16 so 2 strikes is out I guess)
Ask the folks who are putting on the class these questions.

Your second offense may not be as bad as it seems.

However, IL is really getting snarky about teenaged drivers.

JETX

seniorjudge said:
Ask the folks who are putting on the class these questions.
Why?? I don't know of any 'class giver' who can provide an accurate LEGAL answer. Contact the court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">