• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets this month.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bubble

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I haven't had a traffic ticket of any kind for I think at least 3 years maybe as much as 5. I recieved two separate speeding violations this month, any recommendations (other than slowing down,I will)
about how to tackle this situation?

O

oberauerdorf

The advice you give here is really poor. And based on that, you get nothing.

JETX

Yep, really, really poor......
And for those that don't understand, this guy was just complaining about the advice on this site under another thread.... then comes here and asks for advice.
So, not only was it poor advice.... but pretty damn stupid to piss in your 'messkit'.

B

bubble

I am brand new to this site, so I do not know what the two previous replies are referring to.
Does anyone have any serious advice about my dilema? Any similiar experiences even?

O

oberauerdorf

burito

following too closely

I was involved in an accident 7 months ago where I rear-ended a van. The fault was neither of us (a truck dropped a metal plate that almost hit both of us). The van stopped and I didn't. I was ruled at fault and was given a ticket by the police officer (I called the police if it makes any difference). Nothing wrong with the van, but my honda's front was smashed half way to the firewall.

I was given a court date with a char of "following too closely." The judge gave me a probation of 6 months and I took 4 hours traffic school. He said the ticket won't go on record.

Last week (7 months after) I got two speeding ticked with two days difference in between so I got a copy of my driving record from the Secretary of State.

I have two questions:

1) Why does the ticket from the day of accident "following too closely" show on my record as type action "55" which is supervision. My understand was if I took traffic school the ticket will be dropped and I would have to pay a fine. Can I remove this ticket from my driving record and if so how? I haven't had a ticket in my probation period which was 6 months.

2) What can I do with my two other tickets (first one is 45/30 and the other is 75/55) -- I check with circuit court and can take 8hours traffic school for the first ticket which I think I will. What about the second one? I"m running out of options here.

Thank you!

--burito

03-16-2004 02:44 AM

HomeGuru
MJP Attorney

Re: following too closely
burito said:

I was involved in an accident 7 months ago where I rear-ended a van. The fault was neither of us (a truck dropped a metal plate that almost hit both of us). The van stopped and I didn't. I was ruled at fault and was given a ticket by the police officer (I called the police if it makes any difference). Nothing wrong with the van, but my honda's front was smashed half way to the firewall.

I was given a court date with a char of "following too closely." The judge gave me a probation of 6 months and I took 4 hours traffic school. He said the ticket won't go on record.

Last week (7 months after) I got two speeding ticked with two days difference in between so I got a copy of my driving record from the Secretary of State.

I have two questions:

1) Why does the ticket from the day of accident "following too closely" show on my record as type action "55" which is supervision. My understand was if I took traffic school the ticket will be dropped and I would have to pay a fine. Can I remove this ticket from my driving record and if so how? I haven't had a ticket in my probation period which was 6 months.

2) What can I do with my two other tickets (first one is 45/30 and the other is 75/55) -- I check with circuit court and can take 8hours traffic school for the first ticket which I think I will. What about the second one? I"m running out of options here.

Thank you!

--burito
**A: here's an option. Take the bus, train or other forms of transportaion. You are just not safe to be on the roads.

03-16-2004 02:51 AM

JETX
aut disce aut discede

"Can I remove this ticket from my driving record and if so how?"
*** No. Though your post isn't clear, you were either found guilty, plead guilty, or pled no contest. You might check with the court to make sure that you heard correctly in your claim that the ticket would not go "on your record".

"What can I do with my two other tickets (first one is 45/30 and the other is 75/55) -- I check with circuit court and can take 8hours traffic school for the first ticket which I think I will. What about the second one? I"m running out of options here."
*** Yep. That is the way the 'system' is supposed to work. You are given a limited number of 'breaks' as the courts now that there are some really, really stupid people on the world. However, when you have used up all your 'breaks' and still haven't learned, then you are supposed to get hit.... hopefully, REAL hard!!! Then, the habitual bad driver (you) is supposed to eventually understand the principal.... YOU are accountable and resonsible for YOUR actions.

03-16-2004 03:53 AM

bubble

How did your case end up?
I read your problem and was wondering how it turned out? I have just received my second speeding ticket in one months time.
the advice you received here was really poor, I hope it all worked out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">