• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets at the same time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EnderWiggin

What is the name of your state? NH

Also: I've had no priors, clean record, I've had 4 accidents though, two involving whether where I slammed into trees with two vehicles, both mine and involving only myself, no tickets were given and only one had a police report done. The 2 others were someone else's fault, the first someone ran a stop sign and hit me on my entire right side, and the other someone rear ended me.

Alright so heres my situation, I'm 20 soon to be 21 in August 11th. Anyways back mid Feb. I got a moving violation for doing 45 in a 30, I submitted not guilty on the ticket and sent it off to the court house. Now last week I got another ticket for doing 91 in a 55, it previously was a 65 but switched over, its a must appear, and my court date is May 12th. I recently called the court house about the first ticket to see when my date is, they said they didn't schedule me in yet but I should be receiving a notice soon about it.

So heres my question/dilemma is my license going to be revoked/suspended? I talked to the state trooper that gave me the 91 ticket he said he can't do much about it and I have to talk to the prosecuting attorney, I found the number for the state prosecutor and I happen to reach her voice-mail in which she states she does NOT handle speeding tickets and I MUST talk to the trooper that gave me the ticket about it :confused::confused: Who do I talk to then? I've been trying to read/understand the law books, I'm a junior in college for criminal justice and so far what I've concluded is anyone >18 but <21 can have up to 9 points on their license before it gets revoked by the DMV point system, now it says any speeding ticket >25MPH accumulates 4 points and any ticket 25>MPH accumulates 3 points, totaling obviously 7 points.

So that means I would "technically" be safe, but I've also been hearing stories circulating within my friends about them losing their licenses at like 18/19/20 for doing like 85 in a 65 or 90 in a 65, but then also heard from one girl that received the same ticket except hers was 89 in the same zone as I was in, she said all she got was a 450 fine and 4 points on her license. To say the truth, I'm confused, and I'm not quite prepared to pay a lawyer 250$ to tell me something someone else can tell me for free. So I'm just asking for advice wtf should I do? What should I say when I go to both trials, should I try plea bargining etc etc, any advice is better than no advice -.-

Last edited:

EnderWiggin

Dang man When it rain it pours ha? I just purchased a ticket defense system at http://www.speedingticketkiller.com, may be worth checking out for ya? Good Luck
Yeah -.-, when it rains it pours, at least I learned this time. And at least I didn't do a DUI, so I guess I'm some what lucky right?:(

If you just ordered the book, is it actually worth the 30 bucks and can it actually help me? Or is it just bull****?

Last edited:

TigerD

One would think that Ender the Xenocide would have the capability to hack the government computers and remove all reference to his speeding.

As for the tickets ... when you are going 91 it makes little difference if the speed limit is 55 or 65. You are still an extreme hazard. What would have happened if you hit someone at that speed?

Pay the fine, take the points and grow up.

DC

EnderWiggin

One would think that Ender the Xenocide would have the capability to hack the government computers and remove all reference to his speeding.

As for the tickets ... when you are going 91 it makes little difference if the speed limit is 55 or 65. You are still an extreme hazard. What would have happened if you hit someone at that speed?

Pay the fine, take the points and grow up.

DC
A+ For getting my name reference, D for the advice. I'm willing to pay the fines and take the points, that wasn't the question in my post, the question was if my license is going to be revoked or suspended and if I should bother paying the 1k+ for an attorney. I've learned the hard way which is fine, I am also fine with the points, fine, and license revokation, unfortunately I am not fine with getting little to no answers of what is going to happen and answer my questions. I'm also willing to repent for my mistakes regarding the safety of others with probation, a lot of community service and safer driving classes. You seemingly have the attitude that I'm just another "Dick head young adult speeding" when in actuality I rarely speed, I simply made a mistake and thats that. I'm willing to help defer the consequences of that mistake as well and not carry the typical "I'm king **** of the universe" attitude. I grew out of that a long time ago.

Btw I don't need lectures, I already know this, repeating "Growing up, stop speeding" etc is falling upon deaf ears that are not listening, you're not my parents please choose not to try to portray mine. I happened to have made a mistake and thats that.

EnderWiggin

Of course you should have an attorney if you are going to court. Take a close look at the penalties for your offenses. Get the attorney.
The penalties for my offenses only the generic points and fines, and maybe suspension/revocation. I might just pay the 250 for the consultation and not the 750 for the show up in court. But I really don't know. :-/

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">