• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21453 (a)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckie_duck

What is the name of your state? CA

I got a citation this morning for 21453 (a) VC red light violation. I was making a right and I saw green in front of me.
Before making the turn I stopped/slowed down, but after the turn I was pulled over. The car behind me was pulled over too. The officer said that I did an insufficient stop and that the light was red and put the speed as 10mph. Also in the column called "Beat" he put number 3. What does this mean?

Hey There

Discovery & Yellow Signal & where the officer was at

Discovery is available in Ca.
This means that the officer must give you copies ,upon request,of his notes, video recording, front and back of your ticket and all other information he plans to use in court or face sanctions which MAY
end in dismissal of your case.
A request for discovery must be hand delivered or mailed ( certified ,
return receipt suggested) to the D.A. and to the officer who cited you by someone OTHER than you.
1. Help! I Got a Ticket! has instructions and a sample form for discovery. You can also ask for advice on your citation thru the E:mail address given on this site.

2. The National Motorists Association is another scource for instructions on filing for Discovery. When you reach their site click on
#5 Gathering information.

3.At Google: type in --get the officer's notes--
Click on BOTH of the following sites
Obtain the Officer's Notes Before Going to Court
The first site gives instructions on discovery /The second site of the
same name gives info on what to do if your discovery request is
ignored!

VC21453(a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall rremain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown.
As long as your vehicle entered the intersection on the green or even on the yellow there is NO violation.
Perhaps the officer's view was obstructed by other vehicles or the position he was viewing the intersection at. Discovery should provide you with the information where the officer was at the time you made your right hand turn.
Regards,
Hey There 9-13-07

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">