• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21461 (a) CVC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chico530

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
So i recieved a fail to obey traffic sign.i Saw the cop on the other side of the street but still took the left even though there was a right turn only sign.But the sign was blocked by a tree and when stopped at the stop sign I only see the back of the sign.how much might this run me and is it worth appealing

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
That makes no sense. How did you see the back of the sign when you were stopped? If it was blocked by a tree you shouldn't have seen anything.

If the sign was facing the other way so that you could see the back then it didn't apply to you.

I_Got_Banned

The fine for violating CVC section 21461(a) should be approximately $211.

Like HighwayMan said, if the sign is blocked by a tree, how did you see it?

Either way, if you can prove the sign is not visible, then you might get a dismissal.

chico530

sorry about that when im at the line for the stop sign im a good two feet past the sign.So even if stopped i still wouldnt be able to see it.

I_Got_Banned

sorry about that when im at the line for the stop sign im a good two feet past the sign.So even if stopped i still wouldnt be able to see it.
Well the sign is supposed to be posted in a way where you'd be able to see it before you stop. If you're saying it cannot be seen before you get to it (blocked by a tree) and it cannot be seen when you're stopped before the line, then take pictures of said sign and show it to the judge.

Just so you'd know, there are specific guidelines of where these signs should be and are placed. Check the Federal MUTCD (Link: Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) - FHWA ) for these guidelines before you go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">