• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21461 (s)VC - Failure to obey regulatory sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinkesha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I work for a large package delivery company. And I get pulled over for not stopping at the truck scales. I am not driving a Rig, or pulling a trailer. I am driving one of the regular delivery (truck) vehicles. The 5 years I have been doing this drive I have never once stopped at the scales, the same goes for all of my co-workers who have done that drive as well. I see UPS and Fedex trucks driving by the scales never once stopping (with the exception of the rigs and trailers).

Is this correct? Is this ticket legit? I have even passed CHP officers as I go by the scales and never once have been pulled over.

I_Got_Banned

21461 (s)VC - Failure to obey regulatory sign
What is that "(s)" for after the code section?

In the California VC, I see a 21461(a) which is pretty general and a 21461(b) which is unrelated...

And not that this makes much difference (as 21461 still applies) but not sure why he cited you for a 21461 when CVC 2813 (as shown in the link FlyingRon provided)is right on!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">