• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21461A Failure to obey sign entrapment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sfmikey

What is the name of your state? California
I was making a turn with 2 right turn lanes, the curb lane which I was in , goes to a freeway. Signs were stating this, but none at at the signal, only when approaching the intersection. They are not visible until after you pass the line of traffic in the far right turn lane causing one to either cut someone off or continue to the light. I decided to go to the light and safely merge to the left. I was pulled over and the officer said I made an unsafe lane change then wrote me up for VC-21461A Fail to obey sign.
2 officers were pulling over all that changed lanes, 5 in 10 minutes. What are my options?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was making a turn with 2 right turn lanes, the curb lane which I was in , goes to a freeway. Signs were stating this, but none at at the signal, only when approaching the intersection. They are not visible until after you pass the line of traffic in the far right turn lane causing one to either cut someone off or continue to the light. I decided to go to the light and safely merge to the left. I was pulled over and the officer said I made an unsafe lane change then wrote me up for VC-21461A Fail to obey sign.
2 officers were pulling over all that changed lanes, 5 in 10 minutes. What are my options?
I'm not sure I understand the situation. But, it sounds like you passed a sign that required you to turn right, but then merged out of the lane.

RobertMillerAtt

Thank you for your posting, and the opportunity for me to help you by responding to your question.

The answer to your specific question about what options you have -- your options are that you can fight the case, and if you do so, you have the option in California to do a trial by declaration, or a court trial. Your other options include pleading guilty, or pleading and then accepting traffic school.

I hope this helps. If you do have other questions, please feel free to ask anytime -- it's my pleasure, and thanks again.

The Occultist

Thank you for your posting, and the opportunity for me to help you by responding to your question.

The answer to your specific question about what options you have -- your options are that you can fight the case, and if you do so, you have the option in California to do a trial by declaration, or a court trial. Your other options include pleading guilty, or pleading and then accepting traffic school.

I hope this helps. If you do have other questions, please feel free to ask anytime -- it's my pleasure, and thanks again.
Are, uh, are you a real person? or a Bot that gives a generic answer? :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">