• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21703 VC- following too closely

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teethfairy47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

HELP!
I got a 21703 violation for following too closely on an orange county freeway a couple months ago.
I would like to file a trial by written declaration and try requesting a bunch of information so that the officer will be too lazy to reply and my case gets thrown out. Is there any ammo I can use to get this done?
Or do I have to go with the "reasonable and prudent" defense 40802 paragraph (2) subdivision (a) I read about on a previous forum about prosecution having to prove there is no evidence of a speed trap and try to fight this in court?
What is a speed trap anyway?

Any ideas? I'm on a time crunch

I_Got_Banned

21703. The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicle and the traffic upon, and the condition of, the roadway.​

This is NOT a speeding ticket so a speed trap argument will not get you out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">