• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22348b results

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rescuer87

What is the name of your state? CA

Well I am a minor, almost 18 and I had my court appearance on May 24 for my 22348b infraction from Feb. I had clean record. I looked around and found a lawyer I had a good feeling about because this was a serious offense. She got the judge to allow me to keep my license and allow traffic school to reduce it to one point instead of two. However, I still have a 22348b infraction with one point on my record. How is this gonna affect my insurance. I know its going to be a lot but will insurance companies look at it as one point or two since it is a 22348b ticket. Am I screwed? How long will this be on my record...is it 3 years or 6 years? Thanks for the info...

CdwJava

rescuer87 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Well I am a minor, almost 18 and I had my court appearance on May 24 for my 22348b infraction from Feb. I had clean record. I looked around and found a lawyer I had a good feeling about because this was a serious offense. She got the judge to allow me to keep my license and allow traffic school to reduce it to one point instead of two. However, I still have a 22348b infraction with one point on my record. How is this gonna affect my insurance. I know its going to be a lot but will insurance companies look at it as one point or two since it is a 22348b ticket. Am I screwed? How long will this be on my record...is it 3 years or 6 years? Thanks for the info...
Insurance companies are going to look at both, I believe.

The violation stays on your DMV record for 7 years.

The points are only of interest for CA over a 36 month time frame.

- Carl

CdwJava

rescuer87 said:
What do you mean by "of interest?" Will my insurance rate go down in 3 years since the points will be gone?
By "of interest" I mean that California is only concerned with them for a 36 month period. I honestly don't know if they remain on your record for the full 7 years that the violation will, but CA only uses them within a 36 month window for licensing and penalty purposes.

And nobody can predict what your insurance company may or may not do with the information. You may consider calling them. Each company can have a different way to address the issue.

- Carl

rescuer87

Sorry for the long post. I called the courthouse to see how long it would stay on my record. The clerk said a 22348b stays on for 7 years but since i have 1 point theyre not sure. They said to call the dmv. I called up the dmv and they were confused. They think a 1 point 22348b isnt possible. Then my mom called the clerk again and they said that they have never seen this. They think the substitute judge made a mistake and that he needs to change it to 22348a instead of b. They also said that traffic school for a 22348b is not possible. I asked my lawyer who went to my court appearance for me and she said the judge was able to allow traffic school for a 1 point reduction since im a minor, while the clerks think the judge is wrong. Does anyone know anything about allowing traffic school for a 22348b in a juvenille situation? Thanks for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">