• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22350vc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mieg99

I am in the state of California. I was just cited yesterday in Los Angeles for speeding and the citation specifically stated "22350VC 41 MPH in a School Zone." I received this citation just yesterday which was a Saturday at approximately 3:45pm. When the officer told me that he was citing me for clocking me going 41 MPH in a 25 MPH School Zone I stated to him that I thought this only applied when school is in session. He stated that the sign clearly states "When Children are Present" but at the time of the citation there were no children present nor were there any pedestrians at all any where in site. I am planning to fight this ticket not only based on the information I just gave but also for the fact that I was going with the flow of traffic as there was another car right next to me going approximately the same speed when the officer supposedly "clocked" my speed.

Last edited:

joephys73

The flow-of-traffic excuse NEVER works. Don't bother annoying the judge with that since he probably hears it 20 times a day.

I'm not from CA, but a quick search of 22350VC leads me to believe this is an 'unsafe speed' citation. You should look up the CA code for school zones to see EXACTLY how the law is worded. If it's only in effect during school hours you can challenge the citation as he wrote it. If it's while children are present, you know the cop will testify that he saw children nearby. If you say you didn't see these children then the judge will probably agree that you were going too fast.

mieg99

The sign itself that is posted actually says "when children are present" and I also had an adult passenger in the vehicle when I received the citation. When I was getting pulled over we were both baffled as to what the reason for my getting pulled over was being that I was not "speeding." After the citation was received I even asked my passenger if there were any children at all within the vicinity and she stated that there were no children any where in site and there were only a couple of adult men on the school basketball court playing basketball.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">