• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

24 mph over speed limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chuckle3177

I am a GA resident. Coming home last night, I was pulled over in Roswell GA for going 59 in a 35. I thought that the speed limit was 45, which still would make me guilty of speeding. I did not say anything to the police officer except answering the questions he asked (ie insurance card and drivers license request and were you drinking??, to which I was not drinking).
I have 1 at fault traffic accident on my record to which the case is headed to trial. (though accident happened 3 yrs ago in Jan)

Please give me your best advice in this case (ie hire attorney and let him/her handle, go to court myself, etc). Court date in not until December 6th.

Thanks in advance

stephenk

To do what? I hope you dont claim you thought the speed limit was 45 and therefore you werent speeding by much. Does your county offer traffic school?

Lawyers can do all kinds of things to minimize the damage chuckle3177. Though it sounds like that may be less true in Georgia than some other states. It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">