• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

24 over in NC, GA resident - options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nfg05

Hello,

I am a 22 year old GA resident and received a ticket for 84 in a 60 in Gastonia, NC today (knew very well I was speeding but honestly thought I was in a 70 zone keeping it between 80 and 85).

I am wondering how to best proceed and whether my insurance/Georgia DMV will find out. This ticket would not cause me to be up for license suspension if I got it in GA, but if I was an NC resident I believe it would since it was more than 20 over.

Does NC offer stays of judification or traffic school to reduce the speed/point value and keep it away from insurance? I've read that GA does not enter out of state tickets 14 mph over or less but am not sure how good that information is.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">